This paper discusses the influence of Artificial Intelligence (AI) upon the Future of Work, arguing that it can be considered a double-edged sword as it disrupts existing jobs while simultaneously creating new opportunities. It draws upon the notion of reskilling as a potential remedy to extensive dismissals due to automaton of activities and discusses the challenges that go along with implementing it:
- Necessity for reskilling: Which activities will be replaced?
- Feasibility of reskilling: For which activities is reskilling viable and desirable?
- Economic viability of reskilling: Does the business case for reskilling yield a positive result?
This paper concludes with three recommendations to help tackle the challenges of reskilling and facili-tate a seamless transition into an AI-driven age:
1. Nurturing a culture that embraces change and lifelong learning
2. Modeling workforce development
3. Cooperating within ecosystem
By: German Slobodenyuk